Consider: Movie audio clips to flashcards

As I read in the ‘TO DO’ list, the anki export with movie audio clips is already staged to go live.

I’d like to ask if you still plan to leave the other option there as well, where the audio is automatically generated from the subtitle saved, instead of taken from the clip (as it is right now)

It’d be paramount to have both possibilities for MANY languages. In my case, I’m studying Chinese, and there’s a LOT of shows/movies where the subtitles are not closed captioned, so the audio doesn’t match the subtitles. Having the audio generated from the sub is the best/only way to go.

As I understand, there’s many languages where this is the case for shows/movies that are not originally from that country.

4 Likes

I second this! Please have the option for audiorecording AND TTS.

This should absolutely be the #1 priority on the roadmap. This would absolutely end the competition, at least for me.

2 Likes

How is this going guys? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our internal flashcard app will first come with TTS audio only, then we can add the movie audio in the options. Once it’s done, we can easily transfer the logic for the anki export :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I signed up thinking the audio to anki feature would be included and a nobrainer…
When will true audio (not tts) feature be added because its the only thing keeping me from signing up after trial…

in the mean time, can you add audio start/end time in exports, allowing creation of anki cards with audio ourselves?

As I understand it works now. Because last time when I exported words into anki cards there was an sound with movie but there was a snag in some words were tts in another were from movie.