Filtering out [sound effects]?

First of all, I just discovered this plugin today and it’s absolutely fantastic. I’m honestly so impressed with how useful it is. It takes all the stress out of trying to watch stuff on Netflix in a foreign language.

However, for a lot of shows, the original language subtitles are SDH subs, with a lot of extra lines in [square brackets] to describe the music and sound effects. Normally this wouldn’t make a difference, but if I’m using the setting where it pauses after every subtitle, it can get a bit annoying.

Would it be possible to make it autodetect when a subtitle begins with [ and ends with ], and then either not display it at all, or not pause at the end of it?

Apologies if there’s already a setting for this and I’ve missed it! And either way, thanks for making an incredible plugin!

Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider it.

I agree, this would be a nice feature. Parenthesis ( ) would be useful as well.

1 Like

I am having an issue and I’m wondering if it’s because this is now implemented? Is there a flag somewhere for it?

I’m trying to watch this show now on Youtube, and unfortunately a lot of the dialogue is in square brackets so when I try to display both Chinese & English subtitles, I only get both half the time.