Here’s a list of features you suggested that we are planning to implement, we’ll check them off as we go…
- Improved Anki export (https://forum.languagelearningwithnetflix.com/t/improved-anki-support/) (fixed in v3.2.5)
- Increase blur level for translations (fixed in v3.2.5)
- Getting Youtube extension usable (Youtube Extension - Now Online!) (March 5th, v1.0.0 submitted to Webstore.)
- Check boxes for show/hide side panel and bottom panel in the main settings. (It would be much more helpful if there's) (LLN v4.0.0, LLY V1.0.0)
- Small feature request: Provide fallbacks for vanilla video keyboard shortcuts (LLN v4.0.0, LLY V1.0.0)
- Completely reworked dictionary… small hover dictionary and tidier and more concise main dictionary. (LLN v4.0.0, LLY V1.0.0)
- Reworked payment code so that if you cancel Pro mode, you can still use Pro features for the rest of the month that you paid for.
- Fast code update capability for both LLN and LLY to quickly fix issues. (LLY v1.0.0 and LLN v4.0.0)
- Hide original subs (Dimming/hiding the subs and Can you add keyboard shortcuts for showing/hiding original / english subtitles?)
- Only force original language Netflix subs and audio on first view of movie/series (Swapping Languages Around). Well, interim/trial solution is this: Force Original Tracks (now a setting)
- Pinyin support (Pinyin support for Chinese (Mandarin) subtitles?)
- Expand 40k word limit
- Thai fonts (Can you change fonts?)
- Bring back word frequency.
- Dragable subtitles (or other solution) so subs aren’t in the way.
- Fix Filipino (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NLwmATSHbo)
- Various minor word saving / punctuation glitches.
- Hide playback bar unless hovered over.
- Add pinyin to hover dict (if not already displayed), and full dict.
- Improved tokenisation for Chinese and Thai.
- Korean and Thai transliteration.
- Fix pinyin in saved items.
- Handle pinyin in side panel better.
- Improve YT extension reliabilty.
- Set language track on YT based on title tag. (#es)
- Fixed: Seeking between subtitles doesn’t work well on Netflix on some machines.
- Performance Improvements.
- Youtube Catalogue for more languages (https://www.wordlab.app/catalogue/youtube/spanish.html)
- Find a new domain that isn’t terrible, make new homepage. (https://wordlab.app)
- Improve dictionary hover interaction with pause-on-hover behaviour.
- Streamline video watching mode for awful people not spending all their time studying languages. (Please hide the shortcut icon when watching the movie)
- Hold repeat key for infinite looping of subtitle.
Staged to go live
- Pick subtitle track in settings.
- Issue on small num of YT videos (translation merging len mismatch)
- Old FE code still running somewhere (?).
- BUG: word frequency not working right for Korean.
- Cache YT NLP on FE.
- Subtitle Formatting Options
- Dimming/hiding the subs
- Anki user guide.
- Flashcard app.
- Show pauses in speach visually in Youtube autocaptions.
- Adding simple stats for saved words, words known in movie, perhaps save temporal info about saving to make nice graphs.
- Save screenshot with saved items.
- Pinyin to Anki / CSV Saved items output.
- Rare/particular/infrequent words for each movie/eipisode summary.
- Nicer TTS voices.
- Firefox support.
- MS Edge support for 4k Netflix.
- Selection mode (Selecting subtitles)
- Enable saving subs for Youtube.
- Fix issues with Japanese (https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=22033309 and Subtitle Formatting Options and Include furigana reading in anki export)
- Playback Speed in only the dialogue parts
- Audio clips for flashcards.
- Word-by-word translation highlighting (Love the app! Could you add a feature for word for word literal translation?)
- Support for ‘human’ translations for Youtube.
- Phrase detections (compound nouns, phrasal verbs, check out ‘Reverso Context’ (thanks snowman)).
- Would love to click and drag to highlight phrases to save.
- Allow a different language for dictionary vs. secondary subtitles (email from Joni)
- ‘Named Entity Recognition’ for excluding certain words from word saving system (people’s names and place names etc.) Or another means (ignore list).
- “There should be an ability/color to save complete phrases or “chunks”.” (snowman)
- Editable translations.
- Collaborative dictionary (Small QoL recommendations)
- “I’ll suggest adding a similar overall ‘watch time’ tracking to the extension. Tracking all the videos you ever watched, of course, would also be an awesome feature.”
- “Font size preference is currently a global setting, which means that I keep needing to switch it back and forth. It would be convenient to save a different font size preference, per different script, or per language, and to adjust the default values as well for each new script for optimal viewing.”
- Repeatable A to B selection of several lines.
[still compiling list…]