Here’s a list of features you suggested that we are planning to implement, we’ll check them off as we go…
- Improved Anki export (https://forum.languagelearningwithnetflix.com/t/improved-anki-support/) (fixed in v3.2.5)
- Increase blur level for translations (fixed in v3.2.5)
- Getting Youtube extension usable (Youtube Extension - Now Online!) (March 5th, v1.0.0 submitted to Webstore.)
- Check boxes for show/hide side panel and bottom panel in the main settings. (It would be much more helpful if there's) (LLN v4.0.0, LLY V1.0.0)
- Small feature request: Provide fallbacks for vanilla video keyboard shortcuts (LLN v4.0.0, LLY V1.0.0)
- Completely reworked dictionary… small hover dictionary and tidier and more concise main dictionary. (LLN v4.0.0, LLY V1.0.0)
- Reworked payment code so that if you cancel Pro mode, you can still use Pro features for the rest of the month that you paid for.
- Fast code update capability for both LLN and LLY to quickly fix issues. (LLY v1.0.0 and LLN v4.0.0)
- Hide original subs (Dimming/hiding the subs and Can you add keyboard shortcuts for showing/hiding original / english subtitles?)
- Only force original language Netflix subs and audio on first view of movie/series (Swapping Languages Around). Well, interim/trial solution is this: Force Original Tracks (now a setting)
- Pinyin support (Pinyin support for Chinese (Mandarin) subtitles?)
- Expand 40k word limit
- Thai fonts (Can you change fonts?)
- Fix Filipino (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NLwmATSHbo) (Og)
- Flashcard app. (Og)
- Hold repeat key for infinite looping of subtitle. (David)
- Show pauses in speach visually in Youtube autocaptions. (David)
- Dragable subtitles (or other solution) so subs aren’t in the way. (Og)
- Improve dictionary hover interaction with pause-on-hover behaviour. (David)
- Bring back word frequency (with rare/particular/infrequent words for each movie/eipisode summary). (David/Og)
- Adding simple stats for saved words, words known in movie, perhaps save temporal info about saving to make nice graphs.
- Save screenshot with saved items.
- Fix issues with Japanese (https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=22033309 and Subtitle Formatting Options and Include furigana reading in anki export)
- Playback Speed in only the dialogue parts
- Audio clips for flashcards.
- Firefox support.
- MS Edge support for 4k Netflix.
- Selection mode (Selecting subtitles)
- Word-by-word translation highlighting (Love the app! Could you add a feature for word for word literal translation?)
- Improved tokenisation for Chinese.
- Support for ‘human’ translations for Youtube.
- Phrase detections (compound nouns, phrasal verbs, check out ‘Reverso Context’ (thanks snowman)).
- Enable saving subs for Youtube.
- Would love to click and drag to highlight phrases to save.
- Allow a different language for dictionary vs. secondary subtitles (email from Joni)
- ‘Named Entity Recognition’ for excluding certain words from word saving system (people’s names and place names etc.) Or another means (ignore list).
- “There should be an ability/color to save complete phrases or “chunks”.” (snowman)
- Nicer TTS voices.
- Editable translations.
- “I’ll suggest adding a similar overall ‘watch time’ tracking to the extension. Tracking all the videos you ever watched, of course, would also be an awesome feature.”
- “Font size preference is currently a global setting, which means that I keep needing to switch it back and forth. It would be convenient to save a different font size preference, per different script, or per language, and to adjust the default values as well for each new script for optimal viewing.”
- Seeking between subtitles doesn’t work well on Netflix on some machines (single core? windows 7?), as the Netflix player runs in a kind of ‘low resource mode’ that doesn’t allow precise video seeking. This is a couple of days of work to resolve.
- LLY fails to load subtitles sometimes, 2-3% of loads maybe, needs attention.
Punctuation marks break color marking recognition. For example, “so…”, due to the 3 dots, it would think it’s a new word than “so” and thus you would have to recolor it. i have seen that on LLN but probably applies to LLY too. Please strip any punctuation from a word that is being saved (it saves them with the punctuation).
Another related issue, for LLN with “CC” marked subtitles, sometimes you can’t mark one of the words attached to a square bracket. For example: “[wind howling]”, either “wind” or “howling” would not be markable due to the square bracket (not always the case).
There isn’t enough space for some words to display fully, in the sidebar, at the bottom of the line. (Arabic)
[still compiling list…]