Hi, I’ve noticed a problem with YouTube auto-generated English subtitles in Language Reactor.
When I use Language Reactor with YouTube auto-generated English subtitles, each subtitle segment seems to contain too much text (often two lines), and the subtitle disappears before the speaker has finished saying all the words shown on screen.
I tested the same video with YouTube’s native captions, and the captions work normally without disappearing early.
I also tested a video that provides both English (United States) and English (auto-generated) captions. The regular English captions work normally in Language Reactor, while the auto-generated captions have this problem.
I have reproduced the same issue in both Google Chrome and a fresh installation of Opera, and reinstalling Language Reactor did not fix it.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open a YouTube video that only has auto-generated English captions.
- Enable Language Reactor.
- Select the auto-generated English subtitles.
- Play the video normally.
- The subtitles appear as unusually long/two-line segments and disappear before the speaker finishes saying the displayed text.
Is this a known issue with YouTube auto-generated subtitles?
Thank you!
