youtube preferences not working

I cannot access Youtube preferences for video playing, every time I click the cog on the playing window the preferences pane appears and immediately disappears (I wanted to change the speed of the video).
I’m in Germany, playing German videos, OS is Arch Linux, tried in Firefox 106.0.1 (64-bit) and Chromium Version 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) Arch Linux (64-bit)

Hey Jano,
Can you send a screenshot of how you see the videos on YouTube?

here is a gif of it

Hi. I checked the GIF, your watching TurtleTV without the extension installed, it seems. This is really only intended as a preview, without the extension we are forced to use the Youtube iframe player which is problematic. Recommend to put the extension… although we didn’t implement speed controls on TurtleTV yet.

Thanks! I didn’t knew about the existence of the extension before (somehow the sign on the top right of the screen was invisible to me, even took me a moment to see it after reading your message).
the pause and repeat function seems interesting, it could be also good to be able to slow down a bit the speed of the stream.