Language Learning with Netflix Crashing YouTube

What happens is that the RAM usage, CPU usage, and Network usage would spike up dramatically with this plug-in enabled. Then YouTube would crash 2-3 minutes later, saying, Oh Snap, ran out of RAM usage. I can use Chrome fine when disabled though. It only started happening this morning, was not happening before

For my specs, I am running an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz and an Nvidia RTX 2070 Super

2 Likes

Experienced the same issue today. Heavy freezes and high resource usage while the extension is active on Chrome. Disabling it fixes the issue for now.

I confirm. I’ve been having problems all day using Youtube, never mind watching a video. It’s fixed after disabling the Language Reactor extension. Please work on it, I love this project.

Also having an issue. High resource usage and crashing, only for YouTube so far

exact same problem, I will be disabling this extension until it gets fixed

Update, it seems to be pretty random. If you disable the extension and then re-enable it after a while, it will work fine until the next time you restart your PC then you’ll run into the same issue again.

I tried disabling the extension, but this issue still happened. Only after completely removing the extension could I watch YouTube again. Or I had to use an Incognito Tab… :frowning:

I also had this same experience. I really love this extension for Netflix, however having to disable it so that I can use youtube for music is a little inconvenient. Really appreciate all the work put into this, as it’s so helpful for my learning.