Hide machine translations when human translations are available

I don’t know how to hide machine translations when human translations are available.

I am sure I checked on all the tabs of the documentation that can be found here : Language Reactor.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hi @david.w ,

To hide machine translations, click on the gear/settings icon for Language Reactor in the video you are watching, and toggle on/off machine translations as you need to:

Happy learning! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Joan,

Thanks for your quick response.

But this will hide machine transaltions even if human translations do not exist.
I want language reactor to show machine translations when human translations are not avaliable, but hide machine translations when human translations exist, because if human translations exist it won’t be necessary to show machine translations.

1 Like

This would be an interesting and cool feature!

So far as I can tell, that feature doesn’t exist yet. It’s manually toggling subs on/off when you notice subs in your target language but not in your U.I. set/native language (for a specific video).

Adding that option in a toggle/drop-down style menu would be nice.

P.S. Many language learners find machine translations more helpful than human translations (when human translations are available) because what human translations convey depends on the knowledge and experiences of the translator.

So they can convey more of the direct meaning over contextual meaning conveyed by the translator (who can vary from video to video on Youtube/episode to episode on Netflix).