Text translations bug - Trying to translate Norwegian into most other languages ends up being translated instead into French

Link : Language Reactor
Country: Norway

I tried to translate a text from Norwegian to English using the text translation feature (BETA). It instead translated into complete French. I then tried translating the Norwegian text into other languages, and most (~90%) would also only translate into French (either completely or partially).

Here is a list of the languages that were translated from Norwegian into complete French instead.

  • Afrikaans
  • Basque
  • Catalan
  • Czech
  • Estonian
  • Galician
  • Hungarian
  • Indonesian
  • Italian
  • Lithuanian
  • Maltese
  • Norwegian
  • Croatian
  • Romanian
  • Slovenian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

Here is a list of the languages that were translated from Norwegian into partial French instead (some sentences or part of sentences were correctly translated correctly into the requested language).

  • Arabic
  • Belarusian
  • Greek
  • Hebrew
  • Hindi
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Latvian
  • Marathi
  • Persian
  • Slovak
  • Telugu
  • Thai
  • Ukrainian
  • Urdu

List of Languages that were translated from Norwegian into Ukrainian instead.

  • Turkish

Confirm! I’ll take a look now.

1 Like

The norweigen => english translation model is unfortunatly not present. I can solve it, but I think it needs to wait until I get around to improving the translation function, shouldn’t be too long. Bad translation pairs aren’t being shown in the UI now. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Thank you very much for all your hard work!