[Additional PhrasePump Features] Customization to Focus Only on Words Saved, Sentences Saved, Items Saved in the PhrasePump Settings Menu

Hi LR Devs!

I think it would be great to add additional PhrasePump features/toggles/drop-down selector(s) to the PhrasePump settings menu.

Further customization for study sessions to focus only on certain words/phrases/items in PhrasePump Settings would enhance learner’s experience with PhrasePump:

• Words Saved
  • Sentences Saved
  • Items Saved

Example – Placement:

Note: The above edits were saved weirdly, but you can see the gist. Should be " (1) " for suggested spot 1 and " (2) " for suggested spot 2 for a drop-down menu ( :arrow_down_small: ) called “Session Focus” with the following selections:

• Only My Saved Words
  • Only My Saved Phrases :star:
  • Only My Learning Items
  • Only My Saved Items
  • [Etc.: Fill in with other Suggestions that you see fit]

Section descriptions using the :information_source: icon:

• Only My Saved Words: Focuses the study session on all words marked via the Learning and Known feature. Note: This would (for obvious reasons) exclude the words marked Don’t Learn.
  • Only My Saved Phrases :star:: Focuses the study session on all saved phrases/sentences saved using the :star: (star) icon
  • Only My Saved Items: Focuses the study session on all saved phrases/sentences saved using the :star: (star) icon and all words marked via the Learning and Known feature. Note: This would, again, (for obvious reasons) exclude the words marked Don’t Learn.
  • Only My Learning Items: Focuses the study session on all saved items marked as Learning.
  • Default: All default settings would be enabled for the session: Look-Listen Cards, Fill-in the Blank Cards, Practice Cards, Quiz Cards, Suggested Word Cards (If applicable for the given language), etc… This Selection can be enabled by default.

Please consider this! I think it would help with similar requests/improve user experience related to the following topics (ongoing list):

P.S. These additional features would be based on information saved in each user’s Saved Items list.

1 Like

Yes i wish the devs would consider this … it’ll be such a huge improvement, pretty much everyone wants to focus on their chosen words and sentences plucked from the movies and shows, it’s such a basic feature that we’re lacking right now

2 Likes

Yes!

I really enjoy the suggested sentences, but some study sessions I just want to focus on what I have saved.

That’s why I think the option to select what to focus on can be be a motivator to use the PhrasePump feature more.

Thanks for chiming in! :smiley:

It’s a great idea, Joann! I want to review the words and phrases I’ve saved. I haven’t used LR for a while, but when I started using it recently, I discovered a lot of amazing features. I thought PhrasePump would be the feature I could work on, but it was not what I expected. I have to repeat the same words and phrases every time I use PhrasePump. I wish there were a more efficient way to review my saved items. I wholeheartedly support Joan’s request.

2 Likes