-
I am a Pro user. I am in the USA. Watching Netflix. The original audio for the media is in English. I am watching the program with Latin American Spanish Audio and ASR Pro Spanish (Latin American) subtitles.
-
As is often the case, the original Spanish subtitles provided by Netflix do not exactly match the Spanish audio (they are translations of the original English instead). So, I turn on the ASR Pro Latin American Spanish subtitles because, if they are truly Audio Speech Recognition, they will match/be based on the audio. Instead they frequently add phrases, sentences and words that don’t show up in the Spanish audio at all (but do show up in English), or show the exact same thing the provided subtitles do (completely ignoring the actual audio), or show nothing for long periods of time where there is clear distinct audio.
-Example 1: Audio: Su hijo está aquí; ASR Pro Subtitle: nothing
-Example 2: Audio: ?Eso que dices es verdad? ASR Pro Subtitle: ?Que me acabas de decir? -
The configuration is Audio: Latin American Spanish. Subtitiles: ASR Pro latin american spanish. Translation Language [Human Translation] English. Show Machine translation on. Show Human Translation on.
Hi @Harry_Glass, thank you for your detailed report.
I was able to reproduce this issue with other shows as well, so the problem isn’t specific to the episode you attached. I’ve created a report and sent it to the fix team. Thank you!
I am experiencing the same serious issue with Italian ASR Pro on Netflix, and I am very concerned that this problem was reported more than a month ago and still appears to be unresolved.
I am currently watching The Stranger with Italian dubbed audio. The entire reason I use Language Reactor — and specifically pay for the Pro subscription — is to use ASR Pro so that I can see an accurate transcription of the Italian words that are actually being spoken.
Unfortunately, ASR Pro is frequently displaying completely different sentences.
For example:
Actual spoken Italian: “Ero fuori di testa.”
ASR Pro displays: “No, ero in un mondo tutto mio.”
This is clearly not a normal speech-recognition error. These are two completely different sentences. The ASR Pro text appears to be substituting or incorporating regular Netflix subtitle text instead of transcribing the actual Italian audio.
This makes ASR Pro essentially unusable for my purpose. As a language learner, I need to be able to match what I hear with the words on the screen. If ASR Pro shows a different sentence, it defeats the entire purpose of the feature.
What is especially frustrating is that this issue was already reported in this thread on August 8, and on August 11 a Language Reactor representative confirmed that the problem could be reproduced and had been passed to the team. It has now been more than a month, and I am still experiencing the same problem.
I am a paying Pro subscriber, and ASR Pro is the primary reason I pay for Language Reactor. I therefore think it is reasonable to expect this core paid feature to work as advertised, or at the very least to receive a clear update about a known problem that has remained unresolved for this long.
Could someone from the Language Reactor team please provide a specific update on the status of this issue? Has the cause been identified? Is a fix currently being worked on, and is there an estimated timeframe for resolving it?
Thank you.