Couldn't use Chinese Traditional normally on YouTube

Couldn’t use Chinese Traditional normally on YouTube, all of the Chinese subtitles would be displayed for one second at the beginning, and after that, they would not disappear anymore.

Do you have a Youtube link I can test with?

Sometimes Youtube videos have issues with subtitles (incorrectly uploaded etc.)

Hi @David_Wilkinson ,

I have the same problem on nearly every youtube video, so I have to switch the subtitle to simpified Chinese as a workaround. I would be much appreciate it if you can look into the problem.

Like this one, the traditional Chinese subtitle works until 0:36 …

Literally every single video on YT is weird, it just translates entire subtitle and then have none translation afterward, this bothers me a really long time, I’m a new user so I can’t post images.

I have this same problem. What’s even more weird is that if I change it to simplified Chinese, it works, but changing it back to traditional Chinese it just shows “-” on the machine learning translation.

In youtube, it shows all of the text in the beginning and then it disappears. But when I switch to simplified Chinese, the simplified Chinese is sync’d with English. But it doesn’t seem sync’d with Traditional Chinese.

See image below for the “wall of text” in the beginning with selecting Traditional Chinese.