CrunchyRoll Support

Hi,

Learning Japanese means anime for 99% of the learners. Although Netflix offers a few choices, it’s most often the case the Sub doesn’t match the audio. Crunchyroll offers a huge catalog of animes with subtitles. Any plan to integrate Language Reactor to Crunchyroll or any other anime platform?

Thanks,

4 Likes

From my understanding, Crunchyroll handles subtitles differently, likely due to legal or licensing reasons. Instead of using SRT files, they embed the subtitles directly into the video. This results in separate videos for each translation language, at least that was the case when I last checked. Consequently, supporting Crunchyroll might be more challenging for the time being.

1 Like

Hello Andrea! As a person who’s been learning Japaneese for a while I just wanted to share some movies I love to watch over again when I get bored watching anime though :wink:

• Spirited Away (2001) - Fantasy/Adventure
  • Akira (1988) - Sci-Fi/Action
  • Your Name (2016) - Anime/Romance
  • Seven Samurai (1954) - Historical/Drama
  • Battle Royale (2000) - Thriller/Action
  • Rashomon (1950) - Mystery/Drama
  • Departures (2008) - Drama
  • Shoplifters (2018) - Drama
  • Princess Mononoke (1997) - Anime/Fantasy

Hope you’ll enjoy some of them! Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

it still would be nice to see it implemented though.

The majority of Crunchyroll’s catalogue does not use “burned-in” subtitles. This means the subtitles can be changed or disabled because the text is a separate file from the video (I believe Chrunchyroll uses the .ass filetype). There are some videos on Crunchyroll that are “burned-in”, but they are a minority.

1 Like

“.ass” is my favorite file type :smiley:

1 Like