Uploading your own subtitles

Since there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to get both your target language and mother-tongue or second language as dual subtitles for all Netflix titles I had an idea to fix that.

Why not just allow the upload of your own subtitles? Like fan subs or any other kind, as an srt-file?

I tried the Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T thing for this, but it just crashed Netflix. Any plans to add compatibility for this in your app?

Edit: I figured out you have to convert the srt to dfxp first, so now it works fine with vanilla Netflix. However it doesn’t work with LLN

1 Like

Completely agree with David here, being able to add your own subtitles found on the internet and apply LLN on them would be huge and allow a lot of flexibility. For example, trying to learn arabic with Avatar The Last Airbender, very good dubbing but unfortunatly there is no arabic sub in netflix, so I cannot use LLN.

Like David I added dfxp sub, it works in regular netflix but not with LLN. It would be a great feature. Thanks a lot for LLN, it’s just brilliant.

2 Likes

I’m learning Japanese, and I find Netflix had a bunch of anime where for some reason they have Japanese subs for some episodes and not others. Finding the subtitle files around the net is pretty easy, it would be great if I had a way to use it for the app.

1 Like