Hey. Developers. We need help.

I’m going to send in my information, but I have a few questions. I’m an American college student, would it be possible to work on this project remotely as a sort of internship? I’m majoring in Comp Sci and minoring in Mandarin, so I have a love for language learning, both with human and computer languages :slight_smile: I know you listed this position for European residents but I’d really love to get involved with the project. Is there any possibility for me to help out?

1 Like

Hey! I sent my resume to you in an email, it lists my work and language experience. I would love to work with you guys. The name is Adebayo Ijidakinro.

I’m working as a researcher of CJK natural language processing in Tokyo.
I want to contribute your good product’s improvement in translate accuracy.
My e-mail adderss is anosillus_at_gmail.com

1 Like

pro 해지 해주세요 .잘못클릭했어요.

2 Likes

Hey :slight_smile: I sent you an email a few weeks ago. Did you manage to find someone?

Do you need an intern, possiblly leading to an full time later? I am starting my Master in Full-Stack software development in Finland and would love to get my hands dirty while taking the courses. You don’t have to pay me unless you think I am adding value. I am using your App to learn Finnish now.

-Jing

Good information thanks for sharing
vmware

Hey. I’m really sorry that I haven’t replied to everyone yet, this was a really heavy month. I will try to. We expanded our group by one (Kirian, a French guy), still considering to take one more person. More details to come soon.

Hi David,

This is quite interesting. I’ve learnt React native as a hobby and built really simple stuff (with managed expo workflow) and connected them to firebase. Also played around with native api endpoints using the help of expo api. Worked mostly on ES6 JS unfortunately not typescript.
I’ve got my own vested interested to further hone my react native skills - I’m currently building my own food review mobile app on react native so I’m constantly looking for opportunities like this advert you’ve posted to further improve myself.

TBH my knowledge is rudimentary but my hunger’s up there because of my aforementioned vested interest. I’m also a heavy user of LLN because I’m learning japanese so I use the mixed english/jap subtitles to learn Kanji and hiragana. I’ve always wondered when you would build the LLN for mobile netflix, something I’d definitely use when I’m lazy and want to watch japanese shows whilst lying on bed with a small device.

I’ve worked a few years as a support engineer helping with simple technical scriptings with javascript. Self learnt js and did a quick general assembly bootcamp before that to get some fundamentals.

To sum it up, I’ve got the passion and hunger to keep improving my skills in this realm, but my technical skills are rudimentary at best.

We can sync up via my linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-teo-sw/ if you wish to talk further, as that’s probably a more appropriate conversation channel. Even if there isn’t an actual remote opportunity, I’m still curious how I could contribute to your codebase (because I love the LLN product and want to reinforce my RN learnings)? Maybe I could write a PR? Let me know if there’s a public repo where I can do this.

Anyway, nice chat, wishing you all the best and rooting for you and your development team to create an amazing LLN for mobile!

Hi guys,
I can help you in translations, between Romanian, Hungarian, English, German, (as a beginner) simplified Chinese, and (as a beginner) Japanese. I using OmegaT and I have some experience in translations. I developed my own database for translations jobs, maybe can help you somehow.

Hey Guys

You are doing amazing job
I would like to thank you

Please consider iphone/ipad version as it will help so much, also consider if users can only save idioms and phrasal verbs, not only words nor the whole sentence.
Also if you users can download some saved work by other users so the can enjoy watching and learning without pausing and saving most of the time.

Thanks again
I hope you become a very big famous thing very soon

2 Likes

My name is Chen Juan. I am a machine learning engineer, I can work for free(cuz I am not professional in NLP), you can contact me through chenjuan991002@outlook.com

Hey I’m pretty skilled in a few of those topics and would be happy to help with anything that you open source. I currently have a well paying job in San Francisco but I love your product and would like to help out anyway I can!

3 Likes

휴대폰이나 테블릿에서 사용하고 싶어요 방법이 있나요?

vpn 접속 캐나다에하면 자막을 영어 번역을 한국으로하면 영어 이렇게 나와야 해요 안나와요

핸드폰이나 태블릿에서 이용시 kiwi 브라우저 브라우저로 크롬을 실행 네 플릿 스를 실행하면 lln이 실행이 안되던데 방법이 있나요

넷플릭스를 시청할 때 아래 문구가 계속 나오는 이유는 뭐예요 또 행동 법
오늘의 새 기계 번역 할당량이 끝났습니다. 내일이 기능을 다시 사용할 수 있습니다. 기계 번역이 꺼져 있고 인간 번역이 켜져 있습니다. 기계 번역은 비용이 많이 듭니다. 이해하시기 바랍니다. 공부하지 않을 때는 기계 번역을 끄거나 확장 기능을 끄십시오.: slight_smile :

휴대폰이나 테 블릿에서 사용하고 싶어요 방법이 있나요?

Hey I am a Casual Linguist, I have some Ideas and can help with basic Euro&Semetic&Asian languages and also give tips on the UX. Like many people will ladder learn from secondary to terciary languages; the translated language should also pop up with definitions, even primary/native words can be new to someone.

1 Like

I’m a backend (node.js) developer at a major tech company. Not looking for a full-time job, but I like this product and would be happy to help if I can. Let me know!

Hi Folks,

I recently sent you an email at your gmail account. I’m a professional fullstack developer, ex-linguist, and former language teacher (English, Spanish, French). I have a Masters in language education, and have worked as a software engineer for 15 years. I’m interested to know if you still need help. I’m in the middle of job applications again, and this seems like a wonderful project to be part of.

I also built (React) this Chrome extension for Chinese language students to help them read better online:

3 Likes

I’m going to send in my information, but I have a few questions. I’m an Chinese software engineer, would it be possible to work on this project remotely ? I’m majoring in Comp Sci and minoring in Mandarin, so I have a love for language learning, both with human and computer languages :slight_smile: I know you listed this position for European residents but I’d really love to get involved with the project. Is there any possibility for me to help out?

Have you guys find the right person yet? If not can I give it a try and I can learn whatever needed for it, and I am a heavy user of your plug-in. For one thing I would like make it work with Safari since it is the only browser supports 4K with Netflix. You don’t have to pay me if I can not meet your expectations.