Hey. Developers. We need help.

Me and Ognjen have been working on LLN/LLY for a couple of years now. We have big plans, original concepts for powerful new features, and would like to move forward faster. Two guys canโ€™t do everything at once. We have a stable income from our users, so we are looking for an experienced developer (or possibly two) to join us. Skills we need are:

• React Native / Flutter for Mobile (native iOS/Android also a plus).
  • Modern Natural Language Processing, applying deep learning to new tasks.
  • General Linux backend, Postgres, NGINX, Node, Firebase.
  • General front-end stuff (with Typescript).

You donโ€™t need to know all this stuff, the more the better. Interest in language learning is a big plus. You do need general maturity as a developer, conscientious attiude to building reliable systems in a challenging enviroment (with 1m users, what can break, will break).

Me and Og work hard, in sprints generally, then take a 1-2 weeks off. We meet fairly regularly to code/discuss stuff (usually around Eastern Europe, sometimes elsewhere). We are considering getting a big aparment in Berlin/Barcelona/? to use as a base. About 2/3 of the work can be done remotely.

You can offer the world:

• Conceive, plan, implement and maintain features used and appreciated by one million users.
  • Help forge a new paradigm for language learning.

The job can offer you:

• Interesting technical problems to solve, working with two other creative and capable devs.
  • Max. flexibility, no bureaucracy.
  • A nice monthly salary by European standards.
  • Over time, meaningful and real ownership of the project.
  • Employee canteen with unlimited greesy burek, ayran and cigarettes.

Please mail languagelearningextension@gmail.com with, 'TURTLE: โ€™ in the subject. :turtle:

Waiting for your email . :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sounds like my dream job. Unfortunately, I am not qualified in the areas that you have been looking for. Waiting for your Test Engineer job advert!

4 Likes

I sent my cv, my name is jose angel soriano gonzalez

1 Like

Iโ€™m going to send in my information, but I have a few questions. Iโ€™m an American college student, would it be possible to work on this project remotely as a sort of internship? Iโ€™m majoring in Comp Sci and minoring in Mandarin, so I have a love for language learning, both with human and computer languages :slight_smile: I know you listed this position for European residents but Iโ€™d really love to get involved with the project. Is there any possibility for me to help out?

1 Like

Hey! I sent my resume to you in an email, it lists my work and language experience. I would love to work with you guys. The name is Adebayo Ijidakinro.

Iโ€™m working as a researcher of CJK natural language processing in Tokyo.
I want to contribute your good productโ€™s improvement in translate accuracy.
My e-mail adderss is anosillus_at_gmail.com

1 Like

pro ํ•ด์ง€ ํ•ด์ฃผ์„ธ์š” .์ž˜๋ชปํด๋ฆญํ–ˆ์–ด์š”.

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: I sent you an email a few weeks ago. Did you manage to find someone?

Do you need an intern, possiblly leading to an full time later? I am starting my Master in Full-Stack software development in Finland and would love to get my hands dirty while taking the courses. You donโ€™t have to pay me unless you think I am adding value. I am using your App to learn Finnish now.

-Jing

Good information thanks for sharing
vmware

Hey. Iโ€™m really sorry that I havenโ€™t replied to everyone yet, this was a really heavy month. I will try to. We expanded our group by one (Kirian, a French guy), still considering to take one more person. More details to come soon.

Hi David,

This is quite interesting. Iโ€™ve learnt React native as a hobby and built really simple stuff (with managed expo workflow) and connected them to firebase. Also played around with native api endpoints using the help of expo api. Worked mostly on ES6 JS unfortunately not typescript.
Iโ€™ve got my own vested interested to further hone my react native skills - Iโ€™m currently building my own food review mobile app on react native so Iโ€™m constantly looking for opportunities like this advert youโ€™ve posted to further improve myself.

TBH my knowledge is rudimentary but my hungerโ€™s up there because of my aforementioned vested interest. Iโ€™m also a heavy user of LLN because Iโ€™m learning japanese so I use the mixed english/jap subtitles to learn Kanji and hiragana. Iโ€™ve always wondered when you would build the LLN for mobile netflix, something Iโ€™d definitely use when Iโ€™m lazy and want to watch japanese shows whilst lying on bed with a small device.

Iโ€™ve worked a few years as a support engineer helping with simple technical scriptings with javascript. Self learnt js and did a quick general assembly bootcamp before that to get some fundamentals.

To sum it up, Iโ€™ve got the passion and hunger to keep improving my skills in this realm, but my technical skills are rudimentary at best.

We can sync up via my linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-teo-sw/ if you wish to talk further, as thatโ€™s probably a more appropriate conversation channel. Even if there isnโ€™t an actual remote opportunity, Iโ€™m still curious how I could contribute to your codebase (because I love the LLN product and want to reinforce my RN learnings)? Maybe I could write a PR? Let me know if thereโ€™s a public repo where I can do this.

Anyway, nice chat, wishing you all the best and rooting for you and your development team to create an amazing LLN for mobile!

Hi guys,
I can help you in translations, between Romanian, Hungarian, English, German, (as a beginner) simplified Chinese, and (as a beginner) Japanese. I using OmegaT and I have some experience in translations. I developed my own database for translations jobs, maybe can help you somehow.

Hey Guys

You are doing amazing job
I would like to thank you

Please consider iphone/ipad version as it will help so much, also consider if users can only save idioms and phrasal verbs, not only words nor the whole sentence.
Also if you users can download some saved work by other users so the can enjoy watching and learning without pausing and saving most of the time.

Thanks again
I hope you become a very big famous thing very soon

2 Likes

My name is Chen Juan. I am a machine learning engineer, I can work for free(cuz I am not professional in NLP), you can contact me through chenjuan991002@outlook.com

Hey Iโ€™m pretty skilled in a few of those topics and would be happy to help with anything that you open source. I currently have a well paying job in San Francisco but I love your product and would like to help out anyway I can!

3 Likes

ํœด๋Œ€ํฐ์ด๋‚˜ ํ…Œ๋ธ”๋ฆฟ์—์„œ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•˜๊ณ  ์‹ถ์–ด์š” ๋ฐฉ๋ฒ•์ด ์žˆ๋‚˜์š”?

vpn ์ ‘์† ์บ๋‚˜๋‹ค์—ํ•˜๋ฉด ์ž๋ง‰์„ ์˜์–ด ๋ฒˆ์—ญ์„ ํ•œ๊ตญ์œผ๋กœํ•˜๋ฉด ์˜์–ด ์ด๋ ‡๊ฒŒ ๋‚˜์™€์•ผ ํ•ด์š” ์•ˆ๋‚˜์™€์š”

ํ•ธ๋“œํฐ์ด๋‚˜ ํƒœ๋ธ”๋ฆฟ์—์„œ ์ด์šฉ์‹œ kiwi ๋ธŒ๋ผ์šฐ์ € ๋ธŒ๋ผ์šฐ์ €๋กœ ํฌ๋กฌ์„ ์‹คํ–‰ ๋„ค ํ”Œ๋ฆฟ ์Šค๋ฅผ ์‹คํ–‰ํ•˜๋ฉด lln์ด ์‹คํ–‰์ด ์•ˆ๋˜๋˜๋ฐ ๋ฐฉ๋ฒ•์ด ์žˆ๋‚˜์š”

๋„ทํ”Œ๋ฆญ์Šค๋ฅผ ์‹œ์ฒญํ•  ๋•Œ ์•„๋ž˜ ๋ฌธ๊ตฌ๊ฐ€ ๊ณ„์† ๋‚˜์˜ค๋Š” ์ด์œ ๋Š” ๋ญ์˜ˆ์š” ๋˜ ํ–‰๋™ ๋ฒ•
์˜ค๋Š˜์˜ ์ƒˆ ๊ธฐ๊ณ„ ๋ฒˆ์—ญ ํ• ๋‹น๋Ÿ‰์ด ๋๋‚ฌ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๋‚ด์ผ์ด ๊ธฐ๋Šฅ์„ ๋‹ค์‹œ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•  ์ˆ˜ ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๊ธฐ๊ณ„ ๋ฒˆ์—ญ์ด ๊บผ์ ธ ์žˆ๊ณ  ์ธ๊ฐ„ ๋ฒˆ์—ญ์ด ์ผœ์ ธ ์žˆ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๊ธฐ๊ณ„ ๋ฒˆ์—ญ์€ ๋น„์šฉ์ด ๋งŽ์ด ๋“ญ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ์ดํ•ดํ•˜์‹œ๊ธฐ ๋ฐ”๋ž๋‹ˆ๋‹ค. ๊ณต๋ถ€ํ•˜์ง€ ์•Š์„ ๋•Œ๋Š” ๊ธฐ๊ณ„ ๋ฒˆ์—ญ์„ ๋„๊ฑฐ๋‚˜ ํ™•์žฅ ๊ธฐ๋Šฅ์„ ๋„์‹ญ์‹œ์˜ค.: slight_smile :

ํœด๋Œ€ํฐ์ด๋‚˜ ํ…Œ ๋ธ”๋ฆฟ์—์„œ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•˜๊ณ  ์‹ถ์–ด์š” ๋ฐฉ๋ฒ•์ด ์žˆ๋‚˜์š”?

Hey I am a Casual Linguist, I have some Ideas and can help with basic Euro&Semetic&Asian languages and also give tips on the UX. Like many people will ladder learn from secondary to terciary languages; the translated language should also pop up with definitions, even primary/native words can be new to someone.

1 Like