Kitsun.io support

Thank you for making a great extension and nice to see improving as well! I have a couple questions:

1. I prefer kitsun.io instead of anki, is it possible to have media exports in.apkg format?

2. Is there a way to import ‘known’ word lists into Language Reactor?

3. Is there any timeline on the IOS app release?

Hi @s1212z,

Can you search around for a convertor that can convert LR’s Anki export format (.csv) to .apkg?

I also spotted this on Google: Anki -> Kitsun Primer - #12 by Marc - Community Decks - Kitsun Community

But it involves importing into Anki and then to kitsun.io

I did find this one: [Solved] Troubles with CSV Import - Bug Reports - Kitsun Community

That references successfully importing a .csv file into kitsun.io.

And this one: Importing a wordlist - #2 by Neicudi - Help - Kitsun Community

That talks about importing a word list to kitsun.io in a .csv file.

No current way to import “Known” word lists. A lot of it is just manual interaction with subtitles and other TL text with LR.

Maybe this might help you to mark works en mass?:

No timeline for any app release. They reconfigured PhrasePump to work on Mobile phones as a pseudo-app/‘Progressive Web App’ and have just been letting us know that it’s still on their wish list for the future of LR.

I hope some of this is helpful!

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughtful response :slight_smile:

I’m on several of those threads :laughing:

csv. exports are a lovely option here along with phrase/words with content…Kitsun.io handles this quite easily too ^^ As of now, I’ve just add a default dictionary for kitsun and launches the url for the card mine

I should have been more specific, I was looking at this option and it seems exclusive to having a Anki media folder…I just wanted to explore if there were any other options for the kitsun environment. And I assume by ‘media files’ it is a capture of the phrase, pic of the scene and the audio…but from the looks it is an Anki specific features that requires various steps to setup.

I think I have way too many words to make it practical but thanks for the reference, it is a workaround. If there way for mass edit known marking, it would be great feature.

There is certainly more going on here than I realized, good to know on the PWA…hmm, I found the chatbot too. Ideally, would love to have dual subtitles on a tablet and save words as I go so I hope the app happens someday. Would you happen to know a page that breaks down the pro features for LR, would like to see if it would be something I can use and support the site.

Thanks again for you help :slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy: :grin:

That’s what I’m not so sure about. I downloaded my saved items (with the.mp3 audio—either the captures of audio or the TTS voice, the scene captures for the pictures, and . the CSV file) as the ANKI option (I didn’t even see the CSV option until I went back to check just now :laughing: ), and from what I can figure, it doesn’t seem particular to ANKI only.

Still, I only use their built-in flashcard/sentence app (PhrasePump), so I don’t know much about it.

I am glad you seem to have found something that works for you with the CSV and the default dictionary :slightly_smiling_face:

I can see that being useful for users that don’t want to start from ‘zero’ or use their vocabulary level setting feature.

Selecting a Vocabulary Level Process

You can quickly set your approximate vocabulary size by clicking the setting icon in the dictionary. You don’t need to mark every word individually.

Info Credit: https://www.languagereactor.com/help/saving-words-transition

This process results in fewer words you have to mark manually as you interact with subtitles within videos on Netflix and Youtube.

Same! I hear you! That would be very helpful.

LR has a help page with some tabs referencing features that are Pro Features, but some of the information is a little outdated (not all of the information is outdated, it’s just not updated often).

This reply also goes over the Pro Features:

P. S. There is an open request for an importing words feature, so it’s something the community would find helpful, too, so they don’t have to start from scratch.

1 Like

Hi @s1212z,

Today I discovered that if you click on “All Words” under your “Saved Items” section on the website, it will take you to a page like this:

You can mark words as known (and learning) from there.

The catch is that it would have to be in Language Reactors Language Level “catalog,” and you would have to mark each word manually (by clicking on them and marking them as you would normally).

It wouldn’t be the same as importing a known-words list. And I know you said you have a ton of known words, so this still may not be practical—but, it’s something different (than what I suggested before) that may help mark more of the words you know :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. Please ignore the “GarageBand” text at the bottom of the image. I didn’t notice that until just now, haha :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for all the tips @joan_LanguageProcess :slight_smile:

From my understanding, the ‘known’ words helps suggestions on phrase pump (or watching Netflix) or hiding furigana for Japanese in the text reader from what I can see. It wasn’t clear to me how they got their frequency lists unless mass-parsed from a Netflix library for instance (or something else :thinking:).

Do like the phrase pump exercise, even if reviewing, so maybe going down on a level indicator maybe best here and just add along or find new words. Anyways, thanks again for the suggestions!

No problem :smiley:

From what I can tell it’s from https://opus.nlpl.eu/OpenSubtitles-v2018.php which source their info from http://www.opensubtitles.org/

Source:

I hope it works well for you! Sometimes we just have to experiment with LR to customize it to our needs until some additional features can be implemented/improved. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like