Improved Anki support

Hi,

I wanted to make sure that people who are interested in Anki SRS flash cards were aware of the discussion that branched off from another topic here:

I only stumbled across that because I was reading all the new posts in the currently relatively small forum and noticed the topic pivoting.

To reiterate what I said before, I would love to have functionality similar to subs2src - http://subs2srs.sourceforge.net/

It would be a ‘god level feature’ if I could use LLN to make or add to an Anki deck of flashcards for each starred/saved subtitle line with subs2srs level of quality from Netflix content.

Especially if it was configurable enough to allow multiple fields on either side of the card, arranged as the user chooses.

For example, for my needs, I’d have each card front include the episode or movie title, the audio clip, a still frame capture and the Chinese/target language subtitles (and, once support is added, the pinyin). Then I’ve want both the human and machine translations on the back.

Every user will have different requirements, so flexibility of configuration is important here, I think.

And again, huge huge thanks for this amazing learning tool. I’ve been very impressed to see suggestions made on the forums implemented almost immediately in the user interface. Very happy to pay for the premium service!

Nat.

I’ve just realised that this somehow got posted without a category so isn’t showing up in the In English forum.

I also can’t see any way to edit my own post to fix this.

Are you able to fix this for me @lln?

1 Like

Thanks, @David_Wilkinson!

I didn’t even realize there was feature for anki export, let alone the need to make any improvements. This is awesome!

What would even be better than a screenshot would be audio grab. I imagine there are legal issues with that, but it would be the best!

1 Like

I agree. God-Tier, this would be.

1 Like

Seems like audio grab for Anki export is ‘on the todo list’!

I’d imagine exporting short audio clips for personal educational use would be a reasonable argument for ‘fair use’.

Hi. Sorry, was busy with Youtube version. Small update… we added a CSV export with more fields (for import into Anki or a spreadsheet), and also a JSON export (for programmers). This code is actually in the Youtube extension that is coming online shortly, and we’ll push it to the Netflix extension soon (currently trying to debug an issue).

Audio clips for flashcards is on the todo list… hope Netflix don’t mind :grimacing:… as is a simple flashcard app that syncs saved items automatically.

1 Like