Improved Anki support

It’s not easy to save two lines containing the same word. Say there is a line
The big dog.
I click dog and it is highlighted and saved, then subsequently exported to Anki.
If there are more lines containing the word dog that I want to save and export, I have a problem. Subsequent clicks, change the highlight colour, and eventually, remove the colour altogether.

I would like to be able to configure it so that after the first time I highlight a word, clicking that word in subsequent lines won’t change any highlighting, but will save the new line into the saved items list, so that I can export it to Anki (along with all the other lines containing this word that I have highlighted).

I’d like to mark and add phrasal verb. Now we just can mark a single word.

2 Likes

Hi! How are you?

I wasn’t aware I could take screenshot via the extension. How do you go about it?

Small update: Anki has been quite neglected while we were working on other parts of the code, it’s due for some sunshine soon though, we’ll try to address all issues.

1 Like

Hey. Is there any update in this topic?
LLN and Anki export addons not working correctly. I am doing that manually from Print button and coping in CSV sheet. Later i record all the dialogs by Audacity , split this record , and add together to anki.
Do you know any faster ways?

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

We made a pretty big update to Anki export. We now have full support for transliterations in Anki cards, screenshots, pretty good quality TTS audio, cloze mode, styling for night-mode. Check the instructions: http://extension.dioco.io/export.html

Probably I missed a thing or too still, I’ll review this thread. The code is very fresh and might have a bug still.

Hey there David. Is there a way to adjust the card so the translation is on the back instead of the front? For example, in your screenshot, “Smoking can lose weight” should be on the back of the card (for me). Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Hi David,

Great app, thanks for making it!

I bought premium to use the Anki Export feature, however I’m having trouble with it.

Images aren’t exporting, only audio. I only managed to get the images to export once. Have tried a few things, (deleting phrases and trying again, etc) but can’t get it to work.

Also, are there any plans for the feature to export the Netflix audio instead of the computer voice? Or is that never going to be possible?

For many language learners a one click ‘export to Anki’ with audio and screenshot really is the Holy Grail killer feature we’re after, so thanks for working on it.

P.S. May I suggest some other features? The dictionary could do with improving. As a Japanese learner the single word definitions with no furigana aren’t much use. I have a workaround in which I use Yomichan but it’s a bit of a pain as I need to click to make the definition disappear which hits play on the video.
Second feature would be a known words list. Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s no list of known words in LLN, is there? Would be great to have one that the app could colour-code the subtitles by what words I know, which I am learning and which are new. Just a thought.

Thanks!

2 Likes

OK, so right now if you use the Direct-to-Anki you get this:

FRONT: Shows image

Shows the subtitle before and after and clozes the tagged subtitle and shows you the translation (L1) , so you are required to produce the L2 (target language) subtitle.

This is not useful for me. What I would like to see is:

Front: Image and Audio clip, text of subtitle (context subtitles would be fine, I can take them or leave them.) in target language (L2)
Back
Translation in L1 (My language)

This would be a lot more helpful…can we change the default behavior?

1 Like

My second option is to create a New Note type to import it from the csv file. I’ve been trying to do this, I’ve suceeded in getting Front (subtitle) Back (translation), but I can’t get the media files on the card. This is due to limitations in anki. (The files need to renamed according to anki’s conventions).

There is a workaround, involving plugins, but I haven’t figured it out yet.

Has nobody come up with a note type specifically for LLN? I’ve been looking all over the internet. You’d think a user would have done it by now, even if the devs haven’t.

Anything you guys can do to help? I love your plugin.

I’m having the exact same problem. I’d like exactly what Weissblattangst is describing here-

Front: Image and Audio clip, text of subtitle (context subtitles would be fine, I can take them or leave them.) in target language (L2)
Back
Translation in L1 (My language)

How can this be achieved? I assume this is what most language learners want as well

1 Like

Thanks for posting this…I’m afraid I have no idea how to apply it.

I am new to Anki myself and just made it work. I can make a more detailed description some other day if the developers do not come up with some better solution for the csv files.

I reallly would love to see what you figured out!

Hey everybody!

I had to go out and learn HTML to do it, but I managed to make it work. Here is the Note Type/Card template:

I really hope this is useful to somebody.

1 Like

Just used your note type - it’s awesome! However, it doesn’t seem to attach an image to the card. Am I doing something wrong or is this not supported?

I’ve installed your extension and purchase a PRO mode. It works until I listen to “Export deck” from Netflix. The sound in every card is Google generated

It is text to speech, tts, with å better voice than standard Google voice.

THANKS A LOT!
Today I noticed LLN started to use original audio instead of TTS!
This makes LLN hands down the best tool for intermediate language learners!

EDIT: But when I import the cards to Anki, it’s still using TTS.

1 Like