Support PWA mode (progressive web app)

This would allow iOS users to add languagereactor.com from Safari to the home screen and from then on launch it in a standalone instance of Safari without browser chrome and with cookies separated from the other browsing people do with Safari.

Hi @Daniel_M1,

Super Beginner over here, but I thought it was already set up as a PWA(?):

Would love to know if I used the wrong terminology here so I can learn to use the right terminology for it, but I remember a dev using that terminology:

Thanks!

It may well already be a PWA and just miss some specific markup to signal to iOS that it supports standalone-mode:

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="green">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-title" content="FreeCodeCamp">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/assets/images/icons/icon-72x72.png" sizes="72x72">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/assets/images/icons/icon-96x96.png" sizes="96x96">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/assets/images/icons/icon-128x128.png" sizes="128x128">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/assets/images/icons/icon-144x144.png" sizes="144x144">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/assets/images/icons/icon-152x152.png" sizes="152x152">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/assets/images/icons/icon-192x192.png" sizes="192x192">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/assets/images/icons/icon-384x384.png" sizes="384x384">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/assets/images/icons/icon-512x512.png" sizes="512x512">

Source

1 Like