transliteration option for youtube

Hi! I’m trying to learn Thai language and LR is one of the best way to learn. I tried both Netflix and Youtube, and I see that using Netflix is easier because they have transliteration option. However, I would like to learn the language by using Youtube because it has all the Thai dramas I’ve been following that are not on Netflix. The problem is Youtube does not have the transliteration option, and as someone who can’t read Thai alphabets, I find it hard to learn the language on Youtube… Is there any way for me to get the transliteration option on Youtube? Or it is just unavailable on Youtube and it might be something that will be added in the future?? Really wish someone could help me with this :slight_smile:

I am sure I checked on all the tabs of the documentation that can be found here : Language Reactor.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hi @snowslushiee!

There is an option for Transliteration support in Language reactor that should go across both YouTube and Netflix, if you set the settings in your LR extension using the gear (:gear:) icon for LR on the YouTube video you are interested in.

This should help you get set up, as the settings menu looks the same across all LR tools/methods:

It’s for turning them off, but if you just click the transliteration drop-down and click “with original form.”

I hope this helps!

Hi @joan_LanguageProcess !

Thank you so much for your reply, however my LR settings does not show any transliteration :frowning: I’m including a screenshot for you to see :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s because my target language is Korean? Thai transliteration may not be supported on Youtube yet? @ Any LR users currently learning Thai, can ya’ll chime in on your experience?

My Youtube LR Settings Menu (TL: Korean, Pro user, but Transliteration is not a Pro only feature):

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful! I hope someone can help you out soon!

@joan_LanguageProcess okay i tried changing it to korean and the transliteration finally showed up T^T yeah i don’t think they have that option yet for thai language :frowning: thank you so much for your help ^^

update : NEVERMIND I TRIED CHANGING IT TO KOREAN AND THEN SUDDENLY THE OPTION FOR THAI APPEARED :sob: thank you so much for your help, sorry for the trouble ><

1 Like

No worries! This post could help another user someday with a similar problem, too! :slightly_smiling_face:

I am glad you figured it out! That’s super strange that it magically showed up, maybe it’s some bug/glitch?

Have a great time learning!