Chinese Font Change

Hello all,

Before I get into my post, I would first like to thank the LLN developers for creating something that has added an immense amount of value to my life; I am—and will continue to be—a Pro subscriber.

That said, there is something that bothers me: the ‘Font’ selection drop-down in the Netflix (and I would presume YouTube) extension does not seem to work. I’m not sure if this is an issue specific to Asian languages, in my case Chinese, whereby the pre-installed fonts do not have character variants and thus revert to the default font, but when I go to change my viewing font, the displayed text merely shifts a millimetre on screen and does not respond by updating to the selected typeface.

Two Recommendations

1. If I am correct in diagnosing the issue (my ‘reverting to the default font’ theory), whilst you work on recommendation two, please consider changing the default font away from this difficult-to-read, blocky typeface (see screenshot). Previously, the font had a much narrower, more legible look, which I noticed was changed when I loaded the extension today.
  2. The broader issue is really one of adding several working fonts that the user can choose from, which seems to have been the original intention. Perhaps you can add this functionality in a future update?

Thank you for your time, and I am happy to clarify if anything that I have written is unclear.

P.S. In the event that I am doing something wrong on my end, apologies.

Screenshot

1 Like