I think this might be a bug. Here are more details:
- Movie original audio language: Chinese
- Movie original language subtitles: Chinese (Simplified)
- Audio: Original – Chinese
- Subtitles: Chinese (Traditional) (originally provided by Netflix)
- subtitles are not selectable
- words are not highlighted
- no dictionary lookup
- just plain non-interactive subtitles
(My subscription is LLN Pro - so I should be able to see the highlights)
- Works the same as with Simplified Chinese subtitles.
Thanks @Stiivi for your message.
What you say is a bit weird, as I can’t reproduce this bug locally (with both dev and production version). You can see below a screenshot of Big Fish Begornia (audio is simplified chinese and subtitle is trad chinese) Processing: image.png….
Maybe I can ask you, in this order :
- to reload your browser (CTRL + R)
- to reinstall the extension
- if still not working, to send me the link of the movie you are watching ?
Sorry for this problem
- Removed old LLN and Language Reactor extensions
- Reinstalled Language Reactor
- Restarted Chrome
- Signed in
The issue persists.
Example track: The Rational Life
(neither highlights, neither mouse-over lookup)
EDIT: Same with the side-bar subtitle list. Simplified has highlights and traditional does not. Btw. I never used simplified before.
That is really weird. I have same problem as you for the drama you sent me. We are trying to find the cause of the problem.
Can you check with Big Fish Begonia also please ? I am expecting that it should work, but let’s be sure.
Thanks a lot for your patience, and sorry for this bug
Ok, we found the problem, some bad data were cached because of the bug of last week. Now everything should be working fine, just check it ! Sorry again !
Thanks! Works as expected.