How to add a translation?

First of all thank you SO much for creating this extension. My Spanish teacher told me about it and it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for for years, but better than I could have imagined as a free extension.

There are a few shows in Spanish I’ve watched where there are super colloquial terms and no good translation is found in any of the suggested dictionaries. Is there a way to suggest translations we’ve found online and have it approved by native speakers?

For example, in Street Food: Latin America S1:E1 she says “Decí que dejé de fumar, por suerte.” I didn’t recognize the conjugation of decir, neither did LLN or any of the suggested translation services, so I did some Googling and found this entry: https://es.wiktionary.org/wiki/decí

So would there be a way to have user-suggested translations in LLN approved?

(I searched the forum for 15 minutes to see if this had already come up but surprisingly couldn’t find anything similar, so I’m sorry if this is repetitive.)

2 Likes

Not at the moment. We have a plan to add individual text field for user translation (for you only, not shared), and are also working to improve the dictionary further. For anything else, will think about it a bit more. It is potentially a great idea of course, just a bit harder to implement.

3 Likes

your json format file is very good , as a C# developer, or a programer ; this json file provide the most information about a video.hope keep the format ,don’t remove .thanks very much .because ,most of the other format is not I need. because I use anki make variable cards. Json file let me could combine the fileds I need.