importing to Anki

Having clicked on "Must read: How to import to Anki " I’m wondering if I’m the only finding the instructions on how to import Anki cards on Mac super unhelpful? I’ve searched the internet for some kind of YouTube tutorial on how to go about it, but couldn’t find any. Help please.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Can’t figure out how to do it for the life of me and no tutorials anywhere. If you come across one or figure it out please let me know!

1 Like

Where are you seeing the “Must read” link?

This is what I used and was able to import to my mac successfully:

https://extension.dioco.io/export.html

The one part I overlooked and tripped me up was this: “The Library folder is hidden by default, but can be revealed in Finder by holding down the option key while clicking on the Go menu. If you’re on an older Anki version, your Anki files will be in your Documents/Anki folder.”

If that’s what you are using, which step are you having trouble with?

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Unfortunatly Anki export/import is pretty clunky. There are a few solutions we are considering:

1. Export an apkg file, it’s a bit easier to import. Requires setting up a python backend.
  2. Communicate with Ankiconnect Anki plugin for import without files.
  3. Develop our own flashcard system that doesn’t require user to export/import stuff.

Currently, there is already code for (2.), unreleased, and (3.) is nearly ready.