Language Reactor Error: Failed to retrieve linguistic data: NETWORK_ERROR Lang: th, tt_key: SUBS_th_1_f892d8ba8966f9cc71bb2a26f1d186ed

I get it, that stuff happens. It happens with LR more than I like. Sometimes it’s a small thing, other times, it’s basically useless, as it is now for most. A program is only as good as when it is working. I have a study plan which includes using LR. It’s been dysfunctional a couple of days for me. My subscription comes due in two week and unlike some, I simply can’t afford to pay for things which do not fulfill the need. I am over 70 and I try to use my time wisely which includes how I use my study time. Now, the point of this rant is that, unless I am missing something, I do not see any notification or response from the developers. Keeping me guessing just pisses me off. I would really like to see something telling us the problem, what they are doing about it and approximately how long it could take. That way, I can use other tools to study while this gets fixed. This is not the first time it’s been unusable. That’s my say.

4 Likes

In this day and age where we have so many alternatives’ consistency is key. Really disappointed in LR.

Yeah, I can appreciate that the developers might want the weekend off. They have lives like the rest of us. But unfortunately weekends are also the time when people have the most time to study. That the service goes down and no one seems to notice, respond or initiate a fix send strange.

3 Likes

In this day and age where we have so many alternatives’ consistency is key. Really disappointed in LR.

do we have alternatives?

I’m learning Italian, Lingq works for me as I can import YouTube videos. For Japanese I heard about this in a podcast some weeks ago: https://getiago.com/

1 Like

The fact this keeps happening at weekends suggests it’s almost certainly some simple ops task that could be fixed in minutes if anyone took a look. Extremely annoying for a paid product. I support operations too and I am always contactable if there’s a serious problem so not sympathetic to devs refusing to even take a look.

4 Likes

Same errors from South Korea, I’d like to fix it.
I turned my computer off and on trying to figure out. But it didn’t work.
Is there any ways that I can fix it? :frowning:

@matthieu David posted that back in December '22. It’s June now. One would think they’d have fixed their disk capacity issue by now and implemented the “proper health checks” on the servers.

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 8.49.28 AM

Hi. I’m having the same issue. It can no longer translate when I hover my cursor on a word. Instead, I get an error message.

This has been happening for over 6 months. It’s absolutely pathetic that they can’t fix this.

1 Like

Just letting the team know I’m currently experiencing this issue as well (for Portuguese).

Language Reactor Error: Failed to retrieve linguistic data: NETWORK_ERROR Lang: pt, tt_key: SUBS_pt_1_1daa0198e67b248ee0c5ae3491301477

1 Like

I guess the reason is that they are focusing on building new features. Of course, there are many alternatives that you can find by searching the phrase ( language learning with Netflix and/or YouTube.

1 Like

Same issue for Japanese

1 Like

I am just wondering if we could get refund for the downtime. I received no service in this weekend. I hope CS will follow up on this.

1 Like

Why there’s no any kind of official response, I wonder.
I think it’s either devs having a rest and don’t care, or something really bad has happened, like damaged database, and they desperately trying to fix it.

1 Like

Looks like it’s back online. Let’s see…

2 Likes

yes. still waiting for the dev to clarify what was the problem

1 Like

it’s back online, now I’m waiting for the dev’s response

1 Like

Triggered again on 2023-7-22

I used it for free until now, but I thought that if I paid, I would be able to save texts and use the dictionary function, so I registered for a paid plan that is valid for one year, but the above error came out, and I couldn’t save with the star mark or use the dictionary function. No reaction at all. Looking at the bulletin board here, it seems that it has been neglected for about half a year. What will you do with your subscription period?