Mismatching subtitles since latest release

All of a sudden with the latest release the subtitles of the translation language are not matching.

Here is the link to the video: https://www.netflix.com/watch/81017557?trackId=14170286

The subtitle language is Simplified Chinese and the translation language is English.

4 Likes

Latest Update: It’s Fixed! I tried it after David_Wilkinson updated the other topic, and it worked for me again. Hopefully, ya’ll are finding it works, too!

These seem related, so I am linking them by including them in this reply:

I hope it helps the devs see these if it’s related to the current problem.

P.S. Not sure if it’s fixed yet, but I figure it couldn’t hurt since the one they replied to was in the #ask-the-community category and not the #bug category. (Probably since that was the latest update on the Forum about the mismatching problem.)

For me, it didn’t matter which show/movie I’m trying, it all mismatched. My case subtitle language was English and translation language was Korean. Thank you for your help! xoxo

P.S It just happened last night, less than 20hrs since l watched the last show with no problem… :frowning:

1 Like

Latest Update: It’s Fixed! I tried it after David_Wilkinson updated the other topic, and it worked for me again. Hopefully, you’re finding it works, too!

Past Edits

1. Never mind :sweat_smile:, I spoke too soon, lol :sob: Looks like none of the Korean (Subs) ( to English Sub translations) shows work (I just had to watch for longer than a few min)***.

1. Actually looks fine in Café Minamdang (2022)

1. Hopefully, we get an update when it’s finally fixed :crossed_fingers: (* crosses fingers * emoji)

1. Looks like we might get updates! Yay! Love that the dev was able to pop in this quick update for us on the other topic!

Original Response

I just checked it out myself (just woke up, but I use LR when I wake up with my morning coffee).

For me, it was working Boys Over Flowers (Korean) with the English translation as I was posting the above, then I went to a new show as David_Wilkinson mentioned something about “newer audio formats”, so I thought it might be related and I wanted to see if I was having the problem.

It seems to be working fine on Boys Over Flowers (2009), but not on a show called Nineteen to Twenty (2023).

I’m just glad you posted when you did and a dev saw it when they did! Thank you! :hugs:

I have this problem too. My translation doesn’t match the English chapter. My dialects tend to appear faster than English dialects.

please add somalia subtitle on netflex movies that no fair we need to learn something