cannot log in to pro account from netflix or youtube

I when I click on the log in button from LR settings in NT or YT then a new browser tab opens showing the page at Language Reactor and I am able to log in through google but then the new tab does not close.

Here are the log messages I see copied and pasted from the js console:

Fetch event handler is recognized as no-op. No-op fetch handler may bring overhead during navigation. Consider removing the handler if possible.
login:1 Service worker registration succeeded: ServiceWorkerRegistration
main.b6b4378d.js:2 ClipWrap: wrap init
main.b6b4378d.js:2 getBestVoice called with:  pl
main.b6b4378d.js:2 Array(0)
main.b6b4378d.js:2 TTS: Missed third time.
main.b6b4378d.js:2 TTS: INIT OK
main_gmail_mailto_impl.js:168 [Deprecation] Listener added for a synchronous 'DOMNodeInserted' DOM Mutation Event. This event type is deprecated (https://w3c.github.io/uievents/#legacy-event-types) and work is underway to remove it from this browser. Usage of this event listener will cause performance issues today, and represents a risk of future incompatibility. Consider using MutationObserver instead.
(anonymous) @ main_gmail_mailto_impl.js:168
Show 1 more frame
Show less
main.b6b4378d.js:2 LIMAN: Firebase auth, user true.
main.b6b4378d.js:2 onAuthStateChanged callback eject here
 [Deprecation] Listener added for a synchronous 'DOMNodeInserted' DOM Mutation Event. This event type is deprecated (https://w3c.github.io/uievents/#legacy-event-types) and work is underway to remove it from this browser. Usage of this event listener will cause performance issues today, and represents a risk of future incompatibility. Consider using MutationObserver instead.
(anonymous) @ main_gmail_mailto_impl.js:168
main.b6b4378d.js:2 Cross-Origin-Opener-Policy policy would block the window.closed call.
e @ main.b6b4378d.js:2
main.b6b4378d.js:2 Cross-Origin-Opener-Policy policy would block the window.closed call.
e @ main.b6b4378d.js:2
main.b6b4378d.js:2 signInSuccessWithAuthResult Object undefined
main.b6b4378d.js:2 CF_RPC: Message sent: closeAuthWindows Objectfn: "closeAuthWindows"type: "BG"[[Prototype]]: Objectconstructor: ƒ Object()hasOwnProperty: ƒ hasOwnProperty()isPrototypeOf: ƒ isPrototypeOf()propertyIsEnumerable: ƒ propertyIsEnumerable()toLocaleString: ƒ toLocaleString()toString: ƒ toString()valueOf: ƒ valueOf()__defineGetter__: ƒ __defineGetter__()__defineSetter__: ƒ __defineSetter__()__lookupGetter__: ƒ __lookupGetter__()__lookupSetter__: ƒ __lookupSetter__()__proto__: (...)get __proto__: ƒ __proto__()set __proto__: ƒ __proto__()
main.b6b4378d.js:2 TTS: INIT OK
main.b6b4378d.js:2 getBestVoice called with:  pl
main.b6b4378d.js:2 Array(2)
main.b6b4378d.js:2 TTS: BROWSER OK

Chrome version:

Version 120.0.6099.216 (Official Build) (arm64)

Hi @jamie_p,

I highly recommend you email LR with this problem. They may be able to respond more quickly than through the forum for this:

languagelearningextension [at] gmail [dot] com

(Replace bracketed text with their corresponding characters and remove extra spaces.)

I hope they resolve this quickly for you!

P. S. Reporting the bug through their extension in the settings gear (:gear:) is another way to reach out if it’s preventing you from using LR.

OK, have done. Thanks for the help.

Just +1ing, having the same issue and unable to login/see saved words

I got in touch at the email above and they asked what email address I had used to register my pro account. I told them my google account was associated with a custom email address me@jamie.org I wonder if this is what is causing the problem? Are you also using a custom email address with Google??

I see on the languagereactor road map they are planning on making changes to pro registration and log in so that people can also register with a regular email address. Possibly in the process of developing this new feature there has been a regression that breaks the existing log in for some people?

Ah I see, hopefully they fix soon. Would like to use the extension again

To anyone else experiencing this issue, uninstalling then reinstalling the extension fixed it for me.

1 Like

Thanks! Works for me too, should have tried that earlier perhaps.