Emoji subtitles

Hi - I’m new to this extension and am excited to use it, along with the flashcard app in beta. When learning languages, I prefer to avoid my native language (English) as much as possible. Some English is necessary when starting out of course, but I it would be really cool if this extension supported the use of emojis. For example, when learning Spanish, I would love to:

1. Watch a show in Spanish with both Spanish subtitles and emoji subtitles. Emojis could apply broadly to as many words as possible. For example, :running_woman: could apply to “correr” (to run) or “la carrera” (the race).
  2. Review flashcards for vocabulary from the show I just watched with the Spanish word, English translation, and emoji character. That way, if I am unsure of a word’s exact meaning, I can learn it at a later time and focus on absorbing as much Spanish as possible while watching.

This feature could go in a lot of directions, and I’m sure you have a lot of other things on your plate, but let me know what you think.

Hello. This suggestion is interesting and is something I hadn’t considered before. Emojis are not able to represent all words/concepts easily, but they could be a nice hint. I will think about this a bit more, thank you.

1 Like