Feature TODO List and roadmap (continuously updated)

If we could have editable subtitles. Sometimes, quite often for the CC ones anyway, they are wrong. I would like to be able to either add and/or change words.
If that’s messes too much with the original idea of grabbing the original Netflix supplied subs. Maybe a separate “user subtitles” option that I could freely update, add too or remove as I require.

1 Like

Hope it will soon work on firefox, thanks

1 Like

Can’t input text to youtube live chat textbox when Language Learning with Youtube BETA switch ON.
I think something try refresh constantly on youtube chat area.
If Language Learning with Youtube BETA switch OFF, chat textbox working normally
I’m using Microsoft Edge (Chrominium)

This! I check back a few times a week just to see what the Firefox status is lol

2 Likes

Hi there, can you please add background for subtitles to make them more readable?

Any there any updates on this feature? It would make such a difference to have this implemented, thanks.

Hi
Could you add more colours to mark words? I like to mark verbs, adjectives, phares etc in different colours so 4 is not enough. It would be great to have at least 8.

1 Like

Considering Section:
+1 Editable Translations
+1 Collaborative Dictionary (This is what makes LingQ.com gold)
+1 Highlight Phrases
+1 Watch Time

Will there ever be transliteration for other languages than Japanese, Thai, Chinese or Korean? I would love Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Hindi, Russian, Greek, Hebrew and any other language with non-Latin script.

1 Like

Guys is there any prediction for the release of the feature to have anki cards with audio?

Firefox is in the works! Praise the lord!

@David_Wilkinson we developed Tunity.com. I think our SDK could add functionality and enhance the experience. Would be great to connect. Thanks.

1 Like

I would love this as well!

Allowing us to read the dialogue before it’s spoken to have an idea of what is being said to “prime” our ears to then recognize it would be awesome! From a development perspective this should also relatively be an easy add since the auto-pause feature already exists, it would just be adding it as an option before it’s played as well.

Right now the only way we can do this is auto-pause after dialogue and then read it, then play back the dialogue which is kind of tedious.

3 Likes

I love this extension so much and use it daily for mandarin, japanese, and a variety of other languages. I would love it if taiwanese romanization could be added too! Perhaps Pe̍h-ōe-jī. There are a number of Taiwanese shows that are completely in Taiwanese. In shows where speakers use both Taiwanese and mandarin, the subtitles will often indicate if the speaker is switching to taiwanese or mandarin by labeling the line in brackets [台語] or mandarin [國語]. Would love to be able to plug in taiwanese romanization for those shows!

Thank you @david_wilkinson for a nice extention. Some questions;What is the last status/plan? Anything new considered? When will version 5.0 of LLN be launched?

+1 Editable Translations
And can word’s definitions from online dictionary go to anki fields automatically? If not - please make editiable translations!!~

and adding mp3 from the netflix, not TTS. Because I want to practice my speaking from real people (like Migaku has)

Do you have a timeline for that? Trying to learn Cantonese with the LLN but it’s kinda difficult when you hear Cantonese and read the pinyin of the traditional characters. Not even sure if some character would change in Cantonese?!

This Content is really impressed and wonderful i really appreciate cos it help me

Is it possible to be able to make the extension so it could be supported on iPad/iPhone? (maybe now with the release of Safari extension this might be possible, could it be possible?)

2 Likes

Do you plan to add an audio recording feature to the extension? I think it benefits all of us language learners to watch a video, auto-pause, repeat what it says, then listen to our record. This real-time feedback will be very helpful to all of us

1 Like