How to study phrasal verbs with this app?

I don’t know how to add phrasal verb to the list of things that I need to learn

Currently, I see that we can add unique words, but in cases like : send out, I’m not able to add it complete, and it doesn’t make sense separately

other thread regarding Phrasal Verb

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey there,

Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no way to save phrases - only single words or a whole sentences. Its defo on our To-Do list, but we don’t have an exact date just yet.

3 Likes

Hello, there.

Thanks for take the time for answering me. I specially recommend that because this is of kind of things that the people that are looking for to get an advance level in English needs

2 Likes

Hello, I’m abdullah. I started using the language reactor app to improve my English. I am a student. I want to install the application pereimum. Since paypel is not used in Turkey, I am trying to pay with my own credit card or debit card. I tried 3 banks, but every time I get a payment denied error. No request goes to the bank. I just see that I’m wrong, you can see in the picture

Hey, I saw your email and I will response as soon as possible.

Hi Hofit_Nagar

The same Applies to German verbs + preposition (trennbare Verben)!!

Thanks a lot

Any news on this? @Hofit_Nagar :slight_smile: phrasal verb and German verbs + preposition

Hey, Unfortunately, at the moment, there is still no way to save phrases - only single words or whole sentences.

As we are working on an app version, we are a bit overload. but it might take more time.
Thanks!

Hey @Hofit_Nagar , any news about this?

1 Like

Not at the moment. It is still quite hard to educate the automatic models about phrases vs words. Once we will crack it, we will let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hofit, LR team

2 Likes

I’m sure that when we can learn through phrasal verbs, learning will be taken to another level

Good job making this possible, I hope you and your team can do it!

1 Like

About phrasal verbs… me and Ognjen tried a couple of approaches in the previous years. They are not that easy to recognise reliably… in some cases it’s even ambiguous if it’s really a phrasal verb or a verb and a preposition.

I’m planning to open source the NLP code soon, so I can present the effort we made, and maybe look at the problem again. Certainly tools like chatGPT can be useful here.

The best thing to do for now is probably to save whole phrases that contain the interesting phrasal verb, and use another resource (a book etc.) for specific practice with phrasal verbs.

2 Likes

+1, support for phrasal verbs will significantly improve the app’s usability.