Improved Anki support

This would indeed be my #1 request, making Anki cards that have audio and an image. That way we can practice recognizing the word by listening in context.

Thank you very much for suggesting this!

3 Likes

Hi all ! I switched to the pro vesion but still cannot figure out how to do a csv or anki export on netflix (or maybe is it still in development process?) ? Anyone could help? thanks a lot!

Hi. If you are logged in, check this button: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much ! and thanks for the great app that definitely gives a great kick to learning motivation ! can’t wait to have pinyin integrated in the features!

I don’t have this list sir
van you please help me

I went off topic elsewhere and talked about Anki features, thought I should provide a bookmark here:

I believe this is a Pro feature, are you a subscriber?

Audio grab for the Anki flashcard would be a very good reason for me to pay for the pro version.
For the time being I use Audacity to record it manually…

Is there any more detail on how to import to Anki? The “Export to Anki” works but for me the information is not loaded onto the Anki cards correctly (front and back info jumbled), and there are lots of what I think are HTML marks.

1 Like

We’re simply advised to select the allow HTML option when importing so that we end up with Anki cards with only ‘front’ and ‘back’ fields included that have all the details composed together as HTML blocks that can’t be reconfigured in Anki.

As reported elsewhere, what we actually need is a CSV/TSV export that puts everything into its own columns so we can then use Anki’s powerful tools to layout our own cards as we wish. Then we could, for example, decide whether we want to have the show and episode title on the card, how it should be formatted and whether it should be on the front or back, etc. And we’d have the option to create multiple types of cards in the same deck that each include different combinations of fields with different types of formatting.

1 Like

I got the trial to check out the Anki support but it’s basically unusable. Quicker to just copy and paste myself rather than mess around getting the formatting right.

If Anki had a JSON importer where we could map the JSON fields to our custom note type fields then that would be ideal. You can kind of do this with the importer as it is, if you choose field 5 for the expression and field 11 for the meaning. It still looks bad though, and if there is a comma in either field then you’re stuffed.

I will be manually creating the cards for the forseeable future, it seems. Don’t get me wrong though, the addon is a great tool.

It’s a bit more work but you could export to JSON and convert the JSON to CSV. That way you can create a field for whatever info you want. I made fields for everything so that import is quicker and I have all the available data immediately. You will want to make sure the first field on the note is something other than source though, something unique to each note.

Just a note that Anki has a built-in card type for making fill-in-the-blanks cards. Using that would be a neater solution and would make the file exported from LLWN a lot cleaner. The card type is “Cloze Deletion”. Here is a link to the documentation.

It’s not easy to save two lines containing the same word. Say there is a line
The big dog.
I click dog and it is highlighted and saved, then subsequently exported to Anki.
If there are more lines containing the word dog that I want to save and export, I have a problem. Subsequent clicks, change the highlight colour, and eventually, remove the colour altogether.

I would like to be able to configure it so that after the first time I highlight a word, clicking that word in subsequent lines won’t change any highlighting, but will save the new line into the saved items list, so that I can export it to Anki (along with all the other lines containing this word that I have highlighted).

I’d like to mark and add phrasal verb. Now we just can mark a single word.

2 Likes

Hi! How are you?

I wasn’t aware I could take screenshot via the extension. How do you go about it?

Small update: Anki has been quite neglected while we were working on other parts of the code, it’s due for some sunshine soon though, we’ll try to address all issues.

1 Like

Hey. Is there any update in this topic?
LLN and Anki export addons not working correctly. I am doing that manually from Print button and coping in CSV sheet. Later i record all the dialogs by Audacity , split this record , and add together to anki.
Do you know any faster ways?

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

We made a pretty big update to Anki export. We now have full support for transliterations in Anki cards, screenshots, pretty good quality TTS audio, cloze mode, styling for night-mode. Check the instructions: http://extension.dioco.io/export.html

Probably I missed a thing or too still, I’ll review this thread. The code is very fresh and might have a bug still.

Hey there David. Is there a way to adjust the card so the translation is on the back instead of the front? For example, in your screenshot, “Smoking can lose weight” should be on the back of the card (for me). Sorry if this is a stupid question.