Translation subtitles failed

This may or may not help the devs figure out the problem, but I did some more experimenting with this and other Youtube Videos:

Went through 6 videos and:

• 1 Video had both Human & Machine Translations
  • 2 Videos didn’t have machine translations (These didn’t have human translations available either)
  • 1 Video was missing machine Translations but had human Translations
  • 2 Videos were missing machine Translations Until further into the video

The Language Options (clicking on YouTube’s Settings gear :gear: on the video) of the videos were:

• 1 Various Human Translations
  • 1 Korean (auto-generated)
  • 1 Korean & Korean (auto-generated)
  • 2 English >> Korean and various Human Translations
  • 1 English & Korean (auto-generated)

The Language Options for the videos that had Translations:

• English >> Korean and various Human Translations

The Language Options for the videos that had Machine Translations (but not Human Translations):

• English >> Korean and various Human Translations
  • English & Korean (auto-generated)

The Language Options for the videos that had Human Translations (but not Machine Translations):

• Various Human Translations

The Language Options for the videos that didn’t have Machine Translations:

• Korean (auto-generated): This video offered no human translations because the uploader didn’t provide them/set the correct settings when uploading the original video.
  • Korean & Korean (auto-generated)

The URLs of the 6 Videos I used:

1. Run BTS! 2015 EP.1 - Open - YouTube
  2. 오분순삭 조승우 - YouTube
  3. [목요철학 인문포럼] 제831회 "성리학 전통의 공(公)과 사(私)" - 이승환 교수(고려대 철학과) - YouTube
  4. Agust D '해금' Official MV - YouTube
  5. [슈취타] EP.14 SUGA with j-hope - YouTube
  6. BTS (방탄소년단) 'DNA' Official MV - YouTube

I looked at the language options of the video Chen_Hung_Jen embedded into their #bug report, and it does have language options similar to some of the videos I was having trouble with loading translations (a.k.a. seeing the " - " en dash in):

Video on Translations subtitles failed bug report

I also went from the embedded video myself to Youtube and tried machine translations with the following settings and got the " - " en dash that multiple users have shared in other reports:

P.S. I may have to edit this to make more sense over time, but I hope it makes sense and helps the devs resolve the #bug!