Dimming/hiding the subs

I’m aware of a few other similar extensions that were/are open source, looking in the commit history, it’s often just a single guy plugging away, with few contributions.

Yeah, realistically I doubt open sourcing this would benefit the project in any practical way. And to be clear, I wasn’t advocating for you to do so (I think closed source software has a place in the world too), I was just musing out loud.

Having said that, if someone is interested in doing some significant work, we can add you to the repo and throw some cash your way from time to time.

I’ll definitely consider that for the future! Although right now I’m focused on other things. I’m also more of a low-level C/C++ guy than a web developer, so my skills may not be up to snuff. When I made my changes to Voracious, I basically just hacked around until I got things to behave how I wanted. It’s hardly clean code, ha ha.

btw, I just sent an email to Russel Simmons, developer of Voracious, maybe he can give us some help creating an offline video player with LLN code.

I would be super into this. Having a seamless UX between my Netflix and offline language study, and e.g. syncing my saved words etc. between them would be amazing.

I’m thinking to open-source the linguistic processing code sometime soon, it’s turning into something that could be useful for other projects. Also adding some other tools to make it a useful toolkit for creating language materials from movies/audiobooks etc. I was working on this (https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?t=8699) before LLN. I have since made a new bluetooth version, where the code runs on a smartphone. It was going to be an open-source project, hope to get time for it again soon. Do you do any embedded/NRF52 experience? :slight_smile:

Made this in my room.

I’ll try get around to fixing up shortcuts for subs/translations soon, sorry.