I really want colored words back

Edit: I know this is long, so if you don’t feel like reading everything here is my request: Add an option to make words that are marked as known in the color green. This is vital to my enjoyment of this extension.

Why are “known” words in white? That is the default color of the subtitles. When you go from having an unmarked word to a “known” word it goes from white to white. That isn’t satisfying at all!! I really want colored words back.

How come when I apply a tag I MUST choose between known, want to learn, don’t learn… what if I just want to keep it unmarked? The closest thing to keeping it unmarked is to say I “know” the word, because knowing the word and keeping it unmarked is the same color, but I really don’t want to lie and say that I know the word. I really really enjoyed tagging words, yellow if I recognized the word but didn’t remember the meaning, green if I knew the word, blue if it’s a grammar word, red if it was the first time I saw the word but wanted to remember it, and it was very pleasant to build up my collection. Now, everything it’s ruined because a new system was prescribed without my permission.

I just want my colors back. At the VERY least, please please please please have an option to make words that are marked as “known” green. The more sentences that show up in green the more I feel like I have progressed in learning, if everything is white to white I don’t get to see my progress. It’s also just confusing. Looking at other posts it seems you used to be able to make your known words green, so maybe something just broke accidentally. Anyway, this is important enough to me that if there was an alternative extension that did the same thing as this but let me mark my known words as green, I would switch to using that extension, even if it had way less features otherwise.

15 Likes

I feel the same way… I’m very disappointed with the changes… having recently spent a lot of time inputting my vocabulary list with the colours that were meaningful to me, I’ve been really frustrated with these changes. I would like the choice or a mode for my colours and highlighting, that way those that like the new way can keep it but please bring back the old. I’ve been paying for this for a year now and I’m considering bailing since I don’t find this new change helpful, quite the opposite. Learning a new language is hard enough, changing something people are used to and comfortable with during a ‘learning’ phase is a terrible idea imo.

6 Likes

I agree completely. Please bring back colored words.

3 Likes

Just dropping a +1, the colored words was a super useful feature and it’d be awesome to get it back.

2 Likes

Also dropping my +1, I just can’t get use to this new color system. Before that it was so much more clear for me that White meant new word, Green > Known (Can remember and use), Yellow > Understand (Might forget when needed), Red > Seen (Not learned yet) and Blue > Freebie (Loan word). But now as Core_Blaster said, it’s just going from white to white which makes me really sad. I wish we could at least have the option between the 2 color system to revert back if we prefered the old one.

4 Likes

Also +1, in the old system it was really easy for me to tell which kind of words were in a sentence while watching because the entire word was colorful! Now with the new color “tags” appearing as a thin line beneath the word, it isn’t noticeable which makes it useless.

1 Like

+1 came here just to say exactly this.

1 Like

Well, colored words are back now. It’s still a little overly complex and the meanings of the colors are prescribed, unlike the tags in which you are allowed to do whatever you want, but it’s closer to being helpful. I’m not fully satisficed with it, but it’s okay.

Hi @Core_Blaster I just resubscribed to test out the return the return of colored words. I’m able to get the orange colored words for words marked as learning, and green colored words for words marked as known. Unfortunately though, I can’t get the words colored by the tag color (can only be underlined), did you happen to find a way to do this or is that the part you were unsatisfied with?

Having even 2 colors is somewhat helpful. It’s unfortunate if there’s only 2 options though because there’s a couple stages between learning a word and knowing a word and this was easier to represent in the previous 4 color system. It also requires me to not only look at the color of a word to know if I should know it, but also click it and check the tag since tag underlines and colored words together are too distracting.

Looks like a third color “grey” can be used for words marked as “not learning”, this is pretty good and close enough to the previous system. Thanks devs and thanks all! If possible, it would be nice if we could color words by tags rather than learning stage.
Note: I’m aware we can do so with underlines but prefer the entire word to be colored, as it’s easier to notice.

Agreed. Much better with old colored words system.

@mazen_alasamr Not cool

same from them it’s not cool to ruin my extension

Eu acabei de chegar não sei nada aqui .
Preciso de ajuda!!?

Google Translated to English:

I just got here and I don’t know anything. Need help!!?

Oi [Hi] @Andressa.paixao:

Overview:

I have seen users worldwide post about using this application in this forum. They have a pro trial period (14 days )—no payment on file is required, just a Google login—when you first sign up, and then you revert to the free/basic version after that trial version. I recommend using the free pro trial version to its fullest, though, so you can get the whole experience of LR and decide for yourself if it will work for you.

I would suggest searching the forum (:mag:) in the search box in the upper right-hand corner ( :arrow_upper_right: ) of the forum with different search terms to see what’s available and learn more about Language Reactor (the free version is still pretty awesome). I am a pro user myself (US-based) and learning Korean.

If you have further questions, feel free to Ask the community in a new post or create a new How to ? post with your question!

These pages might help get you started (pay attention to the dates as some information is not up-to-date, but it’s the best we have available to us as users—aside from just experimenting):

The Help Page Provided by Language Reactor:

https://www.languagereactor.com/help/basic

Language Reactor's (LR's) Roadmap/Changelist:

Feature TODO List and roadmap (continuously updated)

Configure your LR Extension settings:

Also: I'm so confused on how to start???? - #2 by joan_LanguageProcess

Using the Text Mode:

Text Mode: https://www.languagereactor.com/text

Importing Webpage Question - #2 by joan_LanguageProcess

Chat Tool (*Available for Select Languages*):

Chat feature is here..

More Info on PhrasePump/Flashcards, Tool, Saved Items, and More:

More Info on PhrasePump/Flascards Tool, Saved Items, and More:

Pseudo-app/PWA (*Basically Mobile & Tablet Access to select LR Tools like Phrasepump*):

Android e IOS - #2 by joan_LanguageProcess

Where to Subscribe To LR Pro (*after your 14-day trial*) for all features that are available to you:

I need to find the page to pay for a subscription to LR - #2 by joan_LanguageProcess